Sponsored Links

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Realtor Marketing Training: You're No Different Than Every Other Agent by Ken Ellsworth

Realtor Marketing Training: You're No Different Than Every Other Agent
When I am teaching my Realtor Marketing Training workshop, Cracking the Marketing Code, one of the first things I do is ask the agents a question. It is a simple question really, yet invariably the students are unable to give me an answer.
The question is this "What makes you different from the thousands of other agents you are competing against?"
I have yet to have anyone articulate what sets them apart or makes them unique from all their competition…until the end of the Realtor Marketing Training class that is.
Some of the responses I get from agents taking the Realtor Marketing Training workshop are "I work hard" "I return phone calls right away" "I put my clients first". And to all these I respond "Well I should HOPE so!" If you are not doing those things then I don't want to do business with you. But, as Joe Client I would expect those things from my real estate agent.
The first lesson you should learn, in your Realtor Marketing Training workshop, is that your marketing should focused on how to separate and differentiate yourself from every other agent in your market. How are you different from them? And why should I choose you?
The best way to set yourself apart is to become an expert in a specific niche.
If you have a specific niche it becomes really easy to target your marketing.
A good Realtor Marketing Training workshop should teach you how, by focusing your marketing dollar on a niche, you would be able to make your money go further. Not only that but you will get much better results than you are getting now by placing an ad in the paper and HOPING someone thinks you have the prettiest house and calls you?
At about this point in the Realtor Marketing Training most agents start to think, yes but I'd lose all of these other potential clients if I niche myself.
That kind of thinking is actually ridiculous. If you niche yourself you will do tremendously more business then if you are trying to chase and capture every piece of the pie. You want to focus on just a specific slice of the pie. Trust me, by the time you finish the Realtor Marketing Training and set up your niche you should be so busy you won't want or need the other business.
Start asking yourself why would anyone do business with me? What makes me different from every other agent? What niche could I dominate?
If you want to make money in this market first figure out your strategy. A strategy is what you are going to say and who you are going to say it to.
Stop wasting money on tactics like calendars, pens, websites, and newsletters until you first have something good to say and have figured out exactly who to say it to.
For more information, or to read more articles, about Realtor Marketing Training go to www.buyers-arent-liars.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment